The Silicon Valley Leadership Group, founded by David Packard of Hewlett Packard, is a diverse public policy association of more than 340 dynamic companies shaping the future innovation economy of Silicon Valley, the Bay Area, and the nation. The Leadership Group’s strength is the breadth of its membership ranging from influential technology name brands, start-ups, civic organizations, and others who, together, account for nearly one of every three private sector jobs in Silicon Valley and contribute more than $3 trillion to the worldwide economy. Through collaboration, we work to find solutions to issues effecting the Bay Area’s economic vitality and quality of life.
For more than four decades, the Leadership Group has effectively implemented our members vision by championing public policies, measures, and initiatives at the local, state, and federal level. Through policy expertise and an outcome driven philosophy, the organization strives to advance proactive solutions in the areas of education, environment, energy, equity, government, health care, housing, tax policies, technology and innovation, and transportation.
The mission of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group is to engage CEOs and senior officers, who compete in a global economy in proactive, positive efforts that strengthen Silicon Valley and America’s competitiveness for the innovation economy as well as benefit the employees, families and communities in which our member company employees live and work.
Our Vision and Values
The Silicon Valley Leadership Group works to be the most effective regional public policy association in the United States, cost-effectively driving proactive public policy, program, and project solutions at the national, state, regional, and local levels of government and for the Bay Area communities in which our Member Companies conduct business.
Who We Are
- we are leading employers of Silicon Valley – 360 companies strong
- we are global companies concerned about our communities
- we are committed to making Silicon Valley and the Bay Area the best they can be
- we collaboratively create and implement policies directly affecting the future of today’s innovation economy
- we achieve results through knowledge, expertise, integrity and tenacity
- we get in the game and move the ball forward
Why Join Us?
- Access: We are where decision makers from Washington and Sacramento come to meet Silicon Valley
- Collaboration: We build business relationships while we build good policy
- Impact: We accomplish success together that even the greatest individual companies cannot accomplish on their own
- Expertise: We have highly regarded years of experience and expertise in strategic policy areas that lead to impactful outcomes
- Productivity: We allow senior executives to have a meaningful impact through very small investments of time