Here’s food for thought . . . “What have you done for me lately?”
The calendar has flipped from 2014 to 2015. At the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, we closed out 2014 with several solid successes:
- BART funding from the California Transportation Commission, which I Chair, was completed, for a total of $760 million. The extension is under-budget and a year ahead of schedule.
- Our Silicon Valley Turkey Trot, sponsored by Applied Materials, brought together 26,000 neighbors to celebrate Thanksgiving morning together – generating more than $900,000 to help needy local families.
- The state water bond, Proposition 1, passed in November with the help of the Leadership Group, and incredible leadership by Governor Brown.
But life is about looking forward, not back.
This year, our goals are equally ambitious, and will be presented in a comprehensive way in the days ahead. But hear is a glimpse of what’s to come:
- Housing and homelessness – the Leadership Group will step up its historic role.
- Traffic relief – BART and Caltrain, along with other road improvements, are key.
- Immigration, cyber, tax and patent reform – all federal priorities that must be tackled head-on.
Silicon Valley is an ambitious place, and we have many ambitious goals on our plate. Get on-board and join us. We have work to do.