35 S 2nd St
The Silicon Valley Regional Economic Forum is one of the 16 regional forums in the state of California to help identify economic competitiveness issues of the region. In partnership with local organizations, we produce this event to discuss the issues that matter to us most.
The results from the forums are funneled up to a state wide summit or Capitol day to identify the issues facing the state. All of these efforts work to streamline legislation for the most pressing issues of the state.
This year’s panel topics will include Housing, Education Workforce, Income Inequality and Diversity and Sustainable Energy.
Education and Workforce Panelists
- Byron Breland, President, San Jose City College
- Alex Lofton, Co founder, Landed
- Ron Gonzalez, President & CEO, Hispanic Foundation of Silicon Valley
- Bobby Alvarado, Executive Officer, Northern California Carpenters Regional Council
- Margaret Gray, Director of Education and Workforce Preparedness, Silicon Valley Leadership Group
Environmental Sustainability Panelists
- Dave Pine, President, San Mateo County Board of Supervisors
- Nuria Fernandez, General Manager, VTA
- Girish Balachandran, CEO, Silicon Valley Clean Energy
- Andrea Mackenzie, General Manager, Open Space Authority
- Alix Bockelman, Deputy Executive Director, MTC
- Amie Fishman, Executive Director, Non-profit Housing Association on Northern California
- Linda Mandolini, Executive Director, Eden Housing
- Senator Scott Wiener, Senator, State of California
- Leslye Corsiglia, Executive Director, [email protected]
- Xiomara Cisneros, Outreach Director, Brisbane Baylands
Income Inequality and Diversity Panelists
- James Gutierrez, CEO, Insikt
- Margaret Abe-Koga, Council Member, City of Mountain View
- Salimah K. Hankins, Esq., Senior Attorney, Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto
7:15 a.m. Executive Networking & Community Courtyard Breakfast
8:00 a.m. Welcome
8:10 a.m. Environment and Sustainability: Advancing transportation, energy and water solutions
9:02 a.m. Housing: Reviving the fading american dream
9:55 a.m. Power Break
10:10 a.m. Education and Workforce: Rejuvenating public, private partnerships for the 21st Century
11:02 a.m. Income Inequality and Diversity: Improving equity, equal opportunity and the economy
12:15 p.m. Closing
Tickets are now closed.
For sponsorship information please contact Shannon De Atley-Johnson, Director, Special Events at [email protected]
Thank you to our community partners that invest time in helping us put together the topics and speakers for this event!
NOTICE: PLEASE BE AWARE THAT BY ATTENDING THIS EVENT, YOU CONSENT TO YOUR VOICE, NAME, AND/OR LIKENESS BEING USED, WITHOUT COMPENSATION, IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVISED, IN PERPETUITY. YOU RELEASE THE SILICON VALLEY LEADERSHIP GROUP AND SILICON VALLEY LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION, ITS SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND LICENSEES FROM ANY POTENTIAL LIABILITY.