We recently released our tenth annual CEO Business Climate Survey – completed by 177 Silicon Valley CEOs and senior officers, who drive the earth’s innovation economy.
The message was clear – celebrate our strengths, while also acknowledging and addressing our weaknesses.
First, our strengths, which I call the “six “t’s” of Silicon Valley’s secret sauce:
* Access to skilled labor – talent
* Entrepreneurial mindset – temperament
* Proximity to customers and competitors – territory
* World class universities – training
* Access to venture capital – treasure
* The climate and weather – temperature
Second, our weaknesses:
* High housing costs
* High personal income tax rates for our workers and families
* Business regulations – especially the misuse of the California Environmental Quality Act
* Traffic congestion
The full survey results are available on our web site at svlg.org. Let’s make time to make a difference.