Killer car apps, ride and drive, connected cars to be featured
SAN JOSE (August 20, 2012) – The Silicon Valley Leadership Group, in partnership with the Bay Area Climate Collaborative, will host its second annual Electric Vehicle Symposium August 23 -24 at SAP in Palo Alto. Charged 2012: Electric Vehicle (EV) Symposium Silicon Valley will feature keynote speakers and workshops that explore the local public policy and implementation efforts needed to spur mass-market adoption of EV’s. The Symposium is geared toward the public and private sector as well as policy makers interested in understanding the current EV landscape and what is needed to move the industry forward. During the course of the two-day event, we will address the question “EVs are here – Now what?,” zeroing in on key policy and implementation issues.
Featured Panels and Breakout Session Topics:
- The Connected Car– EVs are leading the Connected Car revolution. Major automakers will discuss the most valuable new services that drivers may enjoy when their vehicle is nearly always connected to the Internet.
- Killer Apps for Cars – As online connectivity becomes increasingly pervasive in the car, what types of content and services will drivers want in their car?
- Evolving Charging: DC fast chargers, wireless charging, and coupling charging with retail and other amenities.
- Fuel Cell Vehicles Ride and Drive: An opportunity to check out the Toyota FCHV-adv and Mercedes-Benz B-Class F-CELL.
Exhibitor Vehicles and Ride-Alongs:
- VW Golf Blue-e-emotion and Audi Electric A3 E-Tron will be on hand.
Additionally, the winners of the 2012 EV-Ready Awards from the Most EV-Ready Community, Most EV-Ready Business and Most EV-Ready Housing Development will be announced. Awardees were evaluated on multiple criteria and represent the Bay Area leaders moving us most swiftly towards the goal of 100,000 electric vehicles in the Bay Area by 2020.
The full agenda can be viewed at http://chargedsv.org/.
Time and Date: Thursday, Aug. 23, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Friday, Aug. 25 8:00 am to 1:30 pm
Location: SAP Labs, 3410 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304
This event is open to the media. Please RSVP to Samantha James at (408) 501-7879 or firstname.lastname@example.org.